Sunday, January 17, 2010

Roasted Tomato (Sauce)

I like to make my own tomato sauce. It delicious, versatile and I like that I know what's in it. Here is my crude version of Val's recipe:

Roasted Tomato (Sauce)
a bunch of fresh tomatoes - enough to cut up and cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan
EVOO - a tew TBSPs to toss the tomatoes in
Italian herbs - to toss on the tomatoes



Preheat oven to 400*. Cut up the tomatoes and toss them in the EVOO. Don't bother taking the skins off. Sprinkle Italian herbs to taste. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes. Start checking on it when your kitchen starts to smell awesome :). You can use them as is in soups or other dishes. Or you can VERY CAREFULLY run them through a blender and make it into a sauce. Or you can even make your own soup. Next time tomatoes are in season, I'll do this and then can some of the sauce. It's really up to you :)

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment