Friday, May 8, 2009

Chewy Granola Bars


Chewy Granola Bars - I don't remember where I got this recipe but it's delicious :)

3 cups oats (I use *just* under 3 cups to make them chewy)
1 cup flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
2-1/2 tsp vanilla 
2/3 cup butter, softened 
1/2 cup honey 
1/3 cup brown sugar 
1 cup mini chocolate chips or M&Ms 
Optional: raisins, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts

In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, and baking soda. In another bowl, combine vanilla, butter, honey, and brown sugar; add to oat mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Lightly press mixture into the pan with the back of your spoon. Bake at 325 for 22 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.

Enjoy ^_^


4 comments:

SnoWhite said...

those look really good!

saw you made some blueberry syrup :) Thanks for the linkage.

Opal Desert said...

I can't wait to try this one. Looks like a winner for travel snacks. I am going to try adding dried fruits (cranberry, apricot, candied orange peel)

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! Those look good. I am going to try your version next time I make them. I am always looking for different ways to try.

Lori said...

Ooh, wowsy, I'm glad you told me you had this recipe on your site! I like granola bars, but i LOVE chewy granola bars! :) These look good! I'm gonna get the ingredients and make these next week, Lord willing! Thanks for posting this! :)

Post a Comment